Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 583 | Type: Gluten-Free
150g hot smoked salmon fillet (ready to eat)
40g red quinoa
80g tenderstem broccoli
1/2 red pepper
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
Handful of parsley
- Finely slice the leek, and thinly slice the red pepper. Roughly chop the parsley, trim the tenderstem and cut in half lengthways.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil, add the red pepper and tenderstem for 3 mins. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil, then add the leek and fry for 3 mins.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa in cold water and add to the leek pan with the garam masala. Stir for 2 mins, making sure the grains are coated with oil.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug of 200ml boiling water. Add the stock to the pan gradually, stirring often and letting each addition be absorbed before you add the next. It should take 15 mins for the quinoa to cook.
- Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with boiling water, place the egg into the water and simmer for 8 mins. Once the egg is cooked run under cold water for 1 min and peel. Cut into quarters.
- Break up the salmon fillet into bite-sized pieces and add to the quinoa pan along with the red pepper, tenderstem, lemon juice and parsley. Cook for 3 mins until the salmon is heated through.
- Spoon the salmon kedgeree into a bowl and top with the egg quarters.