This creamy coconut chicken & sweet potato curry was inspired the fragrant flavours of Keralan cuisine.
Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 646 | Type: Gluten-Free
180g chicken breast
40g wild rice
80g sweet potato
1/2 red onion
2cm fresh ginger
1 garlic clove
20g creamed coconut
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 180C and boil a kettle. Add 200ml boiling water to a saucepan with the wild rice and a pinch of sea salt, simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. Finely chop the garlic and finely slice the onion. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1cm cubes.
- Thinly slice the chicken.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray and toss with 1/2 tsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through cooking. Boil a kettle and dissolve the creamed coconut in 100ml boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 3 mins. Then add the chicken and fry for 8 mins until golden brown.
- Stir in the garam masala, turmeric and the creamed coconut and simmer for 10 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the roasted sweet potato and spinach for the last 2 mins.
- Serve the Indian chicken curry in a warm bowl alongside the wild rice.