Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 464 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g butterbeans (drained)
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g courgette
- 120g chestnut mushrooms
- 80g sundried tomatoes
- 200g passata
- 40g black olives
- 80g spinach
- Handful of basil
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely dice the onion and finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely slice the courgettes into half moons, and finely slice the chestnut mushrooms. Roughly chop the sundried tomatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium-sized pan on a medium heat. Fry the onion and half of the garlic for 3 mins, then add the courgettes and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the passata, sundried tomatoes and olives to the pan. Season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Then stir in the spinach leaves and cook for another 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Drain the butterbeans and roughly tear the basil leaves.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a separate pan and add the remaining garlic and fry for 2 mins. Then add the butterbeans with 100ml boiling water and cook on a low heat for 5 mins until the beans have softened.
- Mash the butterbeans with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Season with sea salt and black pepper and stir in half of the basil leaves.
- To serve, spoon the butterbean mash onto a warm plate, top with the sundried tomato and olive ragu, and scatter over the remaining basil leaves.