Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 426 | Type: Gluten-Free
120g butterbeans (drained)
1/2 red onion
1 garlic clove
100g chestnut mushrooms
50g sundried tomatoes
24g black olives
Handful of basil
- Finely dice the onion and finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely slice the courgettes into half moons, and finely slice the chestnut mushrooms. Cut the sundried tomatoes in half.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan. Fry the onion and half of the garlic for 3 mins, then add the courgettes and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the passata, sundried tomatoes and olives to the pan. Season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Then stir in the spinach leaves and cook for another 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Drain the butterbeans and roughly tear the basil leaves.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a separate pan and add the remaining garlic and fry for 2 mins. Then add the butterbeans with 50ml boiling water and cook on a low heat for 5 mins.
- Mash the butterbeans with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Season with sea salt and black pepper and stir in half of the basil leaves.
- To serve, spoon the butterbean mash onto a warm plate, top with the sundried tomato and olive ragu, and scatter over the remaining basil leaves.