The tasty coconut chips sprinkled over this recipe are rich in medium-chain fatty acids, which are used for energy production and to help fight off infection.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 574 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 23g / C: 73g / F: 17g
- 240g black beans (drained)
- 80g brown rice
- 100g sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 50g green beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 20g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- 1/2 lime
- 10g coconut chips (sulphites)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. In a jug, dissolve the creamed coconut in 100ml boiling water.
- Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins, then drain.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Trim the green beans and slice in half. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- In a large dry pan, toast the coconut chips on a medium heat for 2 mins until turning golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the sweet potato for 5 mins, then add the jerk seasoning, red pepper and green beans for a further 3 mins.
- Drain the black beans. To the pan with the vegetables, add the black beans, chopped tomatoes and creamed coconut. Season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for a further 10 mins until the curry has thickened. Stir in the juice from half of the lime.
- Place the brown rice onto two warm plates and spoon over the Jamaican veggie curry. Scatter over the toasted coconut chips.