Succulent tikka spiced lamb kebabs paired with fragrant cauliflower rice, dried apricots, cardamom and wonder spice turmeric, known for its incredible anti-inflammatory effects.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 495 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 37g / C: 35g / F: 24g
- 2 x 150g organic diced lamb
- 1 tbsp tikka masala spice (celery/mustard)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 200g cauli rice
- 40g spinach
- 50g dried apricots (sulphites)
- 8 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 skewers
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- In a bowl, mix the tikka spice with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt and add the diced lamb, stir to coat and set aside to marinate until needed.
- Finely slice the onion. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces and slice each dried apricot into quarters. Remove the cardamom seeds from the pods, lightly bruise the seeds with a rolling pin or crush in a pestle and mortar and discard the green shells.
- Thread a piece of lamb and piece of red pepper alternately onto each of the 4 skewers.
- Preheat a griddle pan (or BBQ) on a medium-high heat and add the skewers, cook for 10-15 mins, turning every 2-3 mins, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion, cardamom seeds and turmeric for 5 mins until the onion has softened. Then add the dried apricots, cauli rice and 1 tbsp cold water and cook for 3 mins, stirring frequently.
- Then stir in the spinach and half of the juice from the lemon to the cauli rice and cook for a further 2 mins until the spinach has wilted. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve two lamb tikka kebabs on each plate, alongside the apricot & cardamom cauli rice. Drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.