Spiced red split lentil dahl made with fragrant Indian spice blend garam masala and sweet potato containing beta-carotene for healthy skin. Served with cauliflower rice & flaked almonds.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 624 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 18g / C: 41g / F: 28g
- 80g red split lentils
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes
- 160g sweet potato
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 red onion
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200g cauli rice
- 10g flaked almonds (nuts)
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan and add the onion and garlic for 5 mins until softened, then stir in half of the garam masala.
- Rinse the lentils in cold water. Add the lentils and sweet potato to the pan with the onions and stir for a further minute until coated with the spice. Season and add the coconut milk, tomatoes and 150ml of cold water. Leave to simmer for 15-20 mins, adding more water if the lentils become too dry.
- Heat a dry frying pan and toast the flaked almonds for 2-3 mins until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a saucepan on a gentle heat, add 1 tsp oil and add the cauli rice and garam masala to the pan with 1 tbsp water and cook for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Then stir the toasted flaked almonds and most of the coriander leaves through the rice and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the almond and cauliflower rice in two bowls and top with the lentil and sweet potato dahl. Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.