At Mindful Chef we didn't want anyone to miss out on this traditional Malaysian classic. So we created our very own plant-based version. Try our delicious version of this Asian meal below. Tell me more about Mindful Chef.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 458 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 300g firm tofu (soya)
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 240g carrot
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 red chilli
- 10g flaked almonds
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook this vegetarian Malaysian laksa in less than 30 minutes
- Trim the ends of the lemongrass and finely chop. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic and finely slice the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Trim the ends of the tenderstem and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Peel the carrot and trim the root end. Prepare the carrot noodles using your julienne peeler and slice the carrot into long thin strips (or use a spiralizer if you have one). Drain and rinse the tofu in cold water, and cut into 2cm cubes.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the flaked almonds for 2-3 mins until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil and fry the tofu for 10 mins, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 100ml boiling water.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil. Add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic and fry for 2 mins, then add the tenderstem and fry for a further 3 mins. Then add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, tamarind paste and carrot noodles. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Then stir the tofu into the laksa soup.
- Spoon the laksa soup into a warm bowl and scatter over the toasted flaked almonds and the sliced red chilli.
Want to try our tasty veggie Malaysian laksa and two other quick, easy, plant-based recipes next week? Simply click here to try your first Mindful Chef box with 25% off using the code MCBLOG at the checkout!