Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 590 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
240g chickpeas (drained)
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 romano red pepper
2 tbsp tahini (sesame)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat a dry large saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in 400ml boiling water, reduce the heat and cover for 15 mins. Add the spinach to the pan in the last few mins of cooking, so that it wilts.
- Chop the aubergine and red pepper into 2cm pieces. Place the aubergine pieces in a bowl with 2 tsp oil and the maple syrup, season with a pinch of sea salt and stir to coat.
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray in the oven for 20 mins. After 10 mins, turn over the aubergine pieces and add the red pepper to the baking tray with a drizzle of 1 tsp oil. Place in the oven for a further 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the hummus; finely chop the garlic clove and mash the chickpeas in a bowl using a potato masher until the chickpeas are roughly crushed. Stir in the tahini, garlic and half of the lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Drain the spinach millet and stir through the remaining lemon juice, and the roasted peppers. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the roasted pepper and spinach millet on a warm plate, top with a layer of the hummus and spoon over the maple roasted aubergine.