Moreish maple roasted aubergine with homemade hummus & roasted romano pepper millet, for a great dose of Vitamin C.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 502 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 18g / C: 84g / F: 16g
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 80g millet
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 aubergine
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 romano red pepper
- 40g spinach
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Heat a dry large saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in 400ml boiling water, reduce the heat and cover for 15 mins. Add the spinach to the pan in the last 2 mins of cooking, so that it wilts.
- Chop the aubergine and red pepper into 2cm pieces. Place the aubergine pieces in a bowl with 2 tsp oil and the maple syrup, season with a pinch of sea salt and stir to coat.
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray in the oven for 20 mins. After 10 mins, turn over the aubergine pieces and add the red pepper to the baking tray (keep separate) with 1 tsp oil. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the hummus; finely chop the garlic, drain the chickpeas and mash in a bowl using a potato masher until the chickpeas are crushed. Stir in the tahini, garlic and half of the lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Drain the spinach millet and stir through the remaining lemon juice and the roasted peppers. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the roasted pepper and spinach millet on two warm plates, top with the hummus and spoon over the maple roasted aubergine.