Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 563 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
240g cannellini beans (drained)
60g sundried tomatoes
40g black pitted olives
Handful of basil
4 tsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and add to a pan of 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt, simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the sundried tomatoes and black pitted olives. Finely slice the basil leaves.
- To make the avocado salsa; finely dice the red onion, roughly chop the cherry tomatoes, peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into small pieces. Add to a bowl and mix with half of the balsamic vinegar and half of the basil and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Drain the cannellini beans, place in a bowl and mash for 2 mins with a potato masher until all the beans are crushed.
- Drain the quinoa and place in the bowl with the mashed beans, season with sea salt and black pepper and mix in the sundried tomatoes, black olives, and the remaining balsamic vinegar and remaining basil. Form the mix into two burger shapes.
- Heat a large frying pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium heat. Fry the quinoa burgers for 4-5 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Serve the Mediterranean quinoa & bean burgers alongside the avocado salsa.