Our spicy veggie chilli is packed with kidney beans, an excellent source of protein and fibre, which is served alongside homemade guacamole and sweet potato nachos.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 629 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 20g / C: 75g / F: 26g
- 240g kidney beans (drained)
- 1 red onion
- 140g courgette
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g chopped tomatoes
- 300g sweet potato
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 20g creamed coconut (sulphites)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Finely dice the onion and courgette and finely chop the garlic.
- Peel and thinly slice the sweet potato. Toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and season with sea salt. Place the slices of sweet potato on a baking tray in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil and fry the garlic and onion for 3 mins, then add the courgette and fry for a further 5 mins.
- Drain the kidney beans. Then add the beans, chopped tomatoes and chilli flakes to the pan with the vegetables and simmer on a gentle heat for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Peel and de-stone the avocado and place in a bowl with half of the juice from the lime. Roughly mash the avocado with the back of a fork.
- To make the coconut sauce, mix 40ml boiling water with the creamed coconut in a bowl.
- To serve, spoon the veggie chilli onto two warm plates. Place the sweet potato nachos alongside and spoon over the crushed avocado, then drizzle over the coconut sauce and the remaining lime juice.