Aine Carlin's zingy romaine lettuce wraps packed with spicy coconut chickpeas and cauli rice.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 508 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 200g cauli rice
- 3 spring onions
- 30g flaked almonds (nuts)
- 1 lemon
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- Handful of fresh coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small pan. Slice one spring onion and add to pan. Lightly fry until it begins to soften. Add the chickpeas, season with sea salt and black pepper, and sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to pan, pour over the coconut milk, chilli paste plus 1 tbsp of water, season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 10-15 mins until the tomatoes soften and the sauce reduces.
- Sprinkle over 1tbsp of chopped coriander, stir to combine and remove from heat. Let it cool for at least 5 mins before serving... it should be warm not piping hot.
- Heat a separate saucepan and add the cauli-rice with 1 tbsp water. Cook for 5 mins on a low-medium heat, stirring regularly. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Finely chop the remaining two spring onions and coriander (reserving 1tbsp for garnish) before adding to the bowl along with the lemon zest, juice and a generous pinch of sea salt. Stir through the flaked almonds. Set aside until needed.
- To assemble the wraps, layer over a generous amount of cauli-rice and top with a spoonful of the chickpeas. Finish with a smattering of coriander.