Our aromatic Moroccan tagine is packed with chickpeas, among the most nutrient-loaded pulses, as well as tangy sweet dried apricots, full of iron and lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. The cauliflower rice accompanying the tagine is studded with toasted almonds for vitamin E to keep skin healthy.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 448 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 19g / C: 69g / F: 17g
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60g dried apricots (sulphites)
- 1 tsp ras el hanout (celery)
- 180g cherry tomatoes
- 200g cauli rice
- 20g flaked almonds (nuts)
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop the garlic. Cut the aubergine into 2cm pieces. Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters and the dried apricots in half.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium-sized pan on a medium heat and add the garlic, aubergine and ras el hanout. Cook for 7 mins until the aubergine has softened.
- Boil a kettle. Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan with the aubergine, along with the cherry tomatoes, dried apricots and 100ml boiling water. Season with sea salt and black pepper, place a lid on the pan and simmer on a gentle heat for 10 mins. Then remove the lid and cook for a further 5 mins to thicken the sauce.
- Heat a saucepan on a gentle heat and add the cauli rice and 1 tbsp water. Cook for 5 mins, stirring continuously.
- Roughly chop the coriander. Stir the coriander and flaked almonds into the cauliflower rice and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, place the cauliflower rice on two warm plates and spoon the aubergine, chickpea & apricot tagine over the middle of the rice.