This Moroccan tagine is packed with chickpeas which are among the most nutrient loaded pulses, along with tangy sweet dried apricots, full of iron and lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 452 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60g dried apricots (sulphites)
- 1 tsp ras el hanout (celery)
- 180g cherry tomatoes
- 200g cauli rice
- 20g flaked almonds (nuts)
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop the garlic. Cut the aubergine into 2cm pieces. Slice the cherry tomatoes and dried apricots in half.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium-sized pan on a medium heat and add the garlic, aubergine and ras el hanout. Cook for 7 mins until the aubergine has softened.
- Boil a kettle. Drain the chickpeas and add to the same pan, along with the cherry tomatoes, dried apricots and 100ml boiling water. Season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Heat a saucepan on a gentle heat and add the cauli rice and 1 tbsp water. Cook for 5 mins, stirring continuously.
- Roughly chop the coriander. Stir in the coriander and flaked almonds to the rice and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve: Place the cauliflower rice onto a plate and spoon the aubergine, chickpea & apricot tagine over the middle of the rice.