Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 615 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 22g / C: 72g / F: 24g
- 240g butter beans (drained)
- 80g wild rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 180g chestnut mushrooms
- 40g kale
- 1 red pepper
- 40g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 lemon
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the wild rice and place in a saucepan of 400ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug of 200ml boiling water.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic and thinly slice the mushrooms. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces and roughly chop the kale.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat and fry the garlic and mushrooms for 3 mins, then add the red pepper and smoked paprika for a further 3 mins.
- Drain the butter beans. Then add the butter beans, kale, creamed coconut and mustard to the pan and stir well. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 10 mins to thicken the sauce. Stir in the lemon juice to taste and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drain the wild rice.
- To serve, place the wild rice onto a warm plate and spoon over the mushroom, butter bean and red pepper stroganoff.