Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 561 | Type: Vegan+Gluten-Free
Ingredients: all of the good-for-you ingredients you need to make this healthy meal
Serves: 2 people
- 240g butter beans (drained)
- 80g wild rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 60g kale
- 1 red pepper
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of healthy dinners.
Method: a guide to cook this delicious recipe in less than 30 minutes
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the wild rice and place in a saucepan of 200ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the garlic and thinly slice the mushrooms. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces and roughly chop the kale.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat and fry the garlic and mushrooms for 5 mins, then add the red pepper, kale and smoked paprika for a further 3 mins.
- Drain the butter beans. Then add the butter beans, coconut milk and mustard to the vegetables and stir well. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 mins to thicken the sauce. Stir in the lemon juice to taste and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drain the wild rice.
- To serve, place the wild rice onto a warm plate, in the centre spoon over the mushroom, butter bean and red pepper stroganoff.