Granola is a quick and convenient breakfast option for weekday mornings; however you can never be too sure exactly what goes into the supermarket bought versions, which are often laden with sugar and oil! Whip up a batch of our healthy granola this weekend and not only will you have total control over what goes into your breakfast bowl, you’ll also save time throughout the rest of your week.
Our healthy granola recipe, just like all of our recipes, is gluten free, dairy free and contains no refined sugars. It’s a great source of heart-healthy fats, protein and fibre which will set you up for the day ahead. Enjoy it straight up with cold nut milk, sprinkled over coconut yogurt or warming porridge.
To make this tasty dish you will need to do a bit of preparation in advance but trust us it's worth it! The following recipe will make approximately one week’s worth.
125g pumpkin seeds
100g desiccated coconut
100g goji berries
1 egg white
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp raw honey or date nectar (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 150°C.
- Roughly blend all of the nuts and seeds together in a food processor, ensuring they don’t go too fine otherwise you’ll lose that crunchy texture. Stir through the cranberries and goji berries.
- In a separate bowl whisk one egg white, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1tsp cinnamon in a bowl. If you want to make it a little sweeter add 1 tbsp of either raw honey or date nectar.
- Add your blended ingredients and mix everything together really well.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes. When you remove the tray from the oven allow it to cool, to ensure you get those little clusters that everyone loves in granola.
Pour the baked mixture into your favourite jar and you now have your very own healthy granola. This is much healthier than anything you buy off of the shelves and it’s great fun to experiment with different ingredients and flavours.
Whilst granola is a great quick breakfast and can easily be transported in a jar to work, it shouldn’t be confined to your weekday mornings, why not try making a smoothie bowl at the weekend and scatter granola over the top.
What are you waiting for? Make this healthy granola today and eat it all week!