A super healthy twist on the traditional Thai dish with nutrient-rich courgetti instead of refined noodles, packed with potassium for improving cardiovascular health.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 465 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 54g / C: 25g / F: 18g
- 2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
- 300g courgette
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 red chilli
- 4 spring onions
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (fish)
- 1 lime
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- De-seed and finely chop the red chilli and finely slice the spring onions. Into a cup or bowl, crack open the eggs, beat using a whisk or fork and set aside.
- To make the sauce; mix the honey, fish sauce and juice from the lime together in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves. Thinly slice the chicken breasts.
- Heat a wok or frying pan on a high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Fry the chilli and spring onion for 2-3 mins. Then add the chicken to the wok/pan and stir-fry for 3-4 mins each side or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Incorporate the beaten egg into the pan stirring quickly until it starts to scramble at which point add the courgetti along with the sauce. Toss until the noodles are heated through.
- To serve, place the Pad Thai into two warm bowls and scatter with the sunflower seeds and coriander.