Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 553 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g kidney beans (drained)
- 300g parsnip
- 1 aubergine
- 60g kale
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g walnuts (nuts)
- Handful of parsley
- 1/2 lemon
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Finely chop the garlic. Chop the aubergine into 2cm pieces. Roughly chop the kale and peel and very thinly slice the parsnip into rounds. Drain the kidney beans.
- Place the parsnip on a baking tray with 2 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt, place in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway, until beginning to crisp.
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil, add the aubergine and half of the garlic, cook for 7 mins until softened. Then add the kidney beans and chopped tomatoes, and mix in the stock cube. Simmer for 5 mins, then add the kale for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the parsley & walnut pesto; finely chop the parsley and the walnuts. Mix with the remaining garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil and the juice from the lemon. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, spoon the kidney bean hotpot onto a warm plate, and top with a layer of the parsnips. Drizzle over the parsley & walnut pesto.