Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 606 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 23g / C: 93g / F: 21g
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 80g quinoa
- 1 aubergine
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 lemon
- 40g lamb's lettuce
- 1 tbsp dukkah (sesame/nuts/celery)
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame)
- 1 tsp sumac
- Handful of fresh mint
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Slice the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds.
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins, then drain.
- Thinly slice the aubergine into rounds and place on a baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 15 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas. Place the chickpeas in a bowl with the dukkah and 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Then spread out onto another baking tray and place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Roughly chop the mint leaves. Stir the dukkah spiced chickpeas, sumac, pomegranate seeds, lamb's lettuce and mint leaves through the quinoa, and squeeze in half of the juice from the lemon.
- Spoon the dukkah spiced chickpea quinoa onto two warm plates, and place the aubergine slices over the top. Drizzle over the tahini and squeeze over the remaining lemon juice.