Pomegranate molasses baked chicken with roasted asparagus and red chicory, sprinkled with walnuts and juicy orange, packed with vitamin C.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 532 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 180g chicken breast
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 4 red chicory
- 140g asparagus
- 1 orange
- 30g walnuts (nuts)
- 60g buckwheat
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray, season with sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle over 1/2 tbsp of oil and half of the pomegranate molasses. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water, and simmer for 15 mins.
- Slice the end off the chicory and cut into quarters. Trim the asparagus. Place both the chicory and the asparagus on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for 5-10 mins.
- To make the pomegranate dressing; in a bowl, mix together the remaining pomegranate molasses with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Peel the orange and slice into segments. Roughly chop the walnuts. Slice the cooked chicken in half widthways and drain the buckwheat.
- To serve, spoon the buckwheat onto a warm plate, arrange the orange segments, chicory and asparagus over the top, followed by the chicken pieces, slightly overlapping. Drizzle over the pomegranate dressing and sprinkle over the walnuts.