These lemon & parsley infused meatballs are served on a bed of parsnip ribbons, baked until turning crispy. Bursting with vitamin C from the lemon and parsley, this is a great immunity boosting dish.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 570 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 150g organic pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of parsley
- 1 lemon
- 400g parsnip
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 aubergine
- 60g spinach
- 20g hazelnuts (nuts)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely chop the parsley. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and cut the aubergine into 2cm cubes. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- In a bowl, mix together the pork mince, half the garlic, half the lemon juice and half the parsley. Form the mix into 12 meatballs.
- Peel the parsnip, and using a peeler make long thin strips and place on a baking tray. Toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins until beginning to crisp around the edges.
- Preheat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and fry the meatballs on all sides for 10-15 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the aubergine for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes and spinach for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To make the hazelnut gremolata; in a bowl mix together the remaining garlic, lemon juice, parsley and the chopped hazelnuts. Season.
- To serve, place the parsnip ribbons on a warm plate, spoon over the aubergine, tomatoes and spinach and top with the pork meatballs. Drizzle over the hazelnut gremolata.