Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 565 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: all of the good-for-you ingredients you need to make this healthy meal
Serves: 2 people
- 2 x 150g organic pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of parsley
- 1 lemon
- 400g parsnip
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 aubergine
- 60g spinach
- 20g hazelnuts (nuts)
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of healthy dinners.
Method: a guide to cook this delicious recipe in less than 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely chop the parsley. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and slice the aubergine into 2cm cubes. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- In a bowl, mix together the pork mince, garlic, half of the lemon juice and half of the chopped parsley. Form the mix into 6-8 meatballs and set aside.
- Peel the parsnip, and using a peeler make long thin strips and place on a baking tray. Toss with 2 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins until beginning to crisp around the edges.
- Preheat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and fry the meatballs on all sides for 10-15 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the aubergine for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes and spinach for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To make the hazelnut gremolata; in a bowl mix together the parsley, remaining lemon juice and the hazelnuts. Season.
- To serve, place the parsnip ribbons on a warm plate, spoon over the aubergine, tomatoes and spinach and top with the pork meatballs. Drizzle over the hazelnut gremolata.