This juicy pork loin is served on sautéed squash & kale, fresh sage, and sprinkled with chilli flakes and chopped brazil nuts - a dish bursting in nutrients!
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 575 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 39g / C: 34g / F: 29g
- 2 x 150g pork loin
- Handful of sage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g butternut squash
- 100g kale
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 20g Brazil nuts (nuts)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Peel the squash and cut into thin strips. Finely slice the garlic cloves. Zest the lemon. Roughly chop the kale and Brazil nuts.
- Drizzle over 2 tsp oil on both sides of the pork steaks, and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt and the chilli flakes and place on a baking tray in the oven for 10-15 mins, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the squash in a pan of boiling water for 7 mins, then drain.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tsp oil on a medium heat. Add the kale and garlic and tear over the sage leaves, cook for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Add the squash and chopped Brazil nuts and turn up the heat and fry everything together for a further 3-5 mins. Turn off the heat and stir through the lemon zest.
- Spoon the squash, kale, sage and Brazil nuts onto two warm plates and top with the pork. Squeeze over the juice from the lemon.