Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 534 | Type: Gluten-Free
170g pork loin
15g walnuts (nuts)
100g tenderstem broccoli
Handful of sage
- Peel the shallot and cut in half lengthways, then separate the layers. 2. Remove the stalk and the core of the pear and slice the pear into pencil width chunks, finely chop a third of the pear so that it breaks down when cooking.
- Boil a kettle. Place the broccoli into a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3 mins, drain and set aside. Heat the same saucepan on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil and fry the shallot for 5 mins until softened, then add the pear to the pan and mix well. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until the pear has started to soften.
- Finely chop the walnuts and the sage leaves, set aside.
Then add the walnuts and 100ml boiling water to the pear and simmer for 10 mins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Season with sea salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, put a frying pan on a medium high heat and rub the pork with 1 tsp oil and season. When the pan is hot, cook the pork for 5-6 mins each side, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Heat the same frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a high heat and toss the broccoli and the sage for a few mins.
- To serve, place the broccoli on your plate, top with the pork and serve alongside the pear and shallot. Enjoy!