A homemade crepe made with quinoa flour, containing all the essential amino acids, and topped with garlic mushrooms, butter beans, chunky basil pesto & a sprinkling of pine nuts.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 527 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | P: 22g / C: 55g / F: 25g
- 240g butter beans
- 60g quinoa flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 80g spinach
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 20g pine nuts
- Handful of basil
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic, finely slice the onion and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Place the quinoa flour in a bowl and gradually add 150ml water to the flour to make a thin batter, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add half of the quinoa batter to form a pancake. Cook for 3 mins each side. Repeat with the remaining batter. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic and onion for 5 mins, then add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 mins. Drain the butter beans and add to the pan, cook for 5 mins. Then stir through the spinach until it begins to wilt and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the basil and half of the pine nuts and mix in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt.
- Place the quinoa crepes on two warm plates and spoon over the beans, spinach and mushrooms and drizzle over the pesto. Scatter over the remaining pine nuts.