We've marinated chicken with Ras el Hanout, a North African spice mix made up of turmeric, paprika, cumin and coriander. We've teamed the chicken with cauliflower rice, an excellent source of health-giving phytochemicals
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 537 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 180g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout (celery)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 baby cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 200g cauli rice
- Handful of coriander
- 1 avocado
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- In a bowl, mix the ras el hanout with 1 tbsp oil to create a paste.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and add to bowl with the ras el hanout paste. Stir to coat and season with a pinch of sea salt. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave to marinate in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the shirazi salad; finely dice the baby cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. Drizzle the salad with 1 tsp oil and the juice from half of the lemon.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add the chicken slices. Cook for 8-10 mins until golden brown and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan on a gentle heat, add the cauli rice with 1 tbsp water and cook for 5 mins. Once the cauliflower is cooked, add to a bowl with the remaining lemon juice, half the coriander and fluff up using a fork. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, place the cauliflower couscous on a plate along with the shirazi salad and ras el hanout chicken. Serve alongside the sliced avocado and sprinkle over the remaining coriander.