At Mindful Chef we didn't want anyone to miss out on this mouthwatering dish so we created our very own plant-based version which substitutes meat but none of the taste. Tell me more about Mindful Chef.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 458 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 80g brown lentils
- 2 garlic cloves
- 120g carrot
- 120g chestnut mushrooms
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 280g courgette
- 200g passata
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 30g pine nuts
Already in your kitchen
- Sea Salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook this vegetarian bolognese in less than 30 minutes
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the lentils and place in a pan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25-30 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic. Peel and finely dice the carrot. Finely slice the mushrooms and cut the tomatoes in half. Remove the sprigs from the thyme.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tsp oil, add the garlic and carrot, and cook for 5 mins. Then add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the pan for 5 mins until all the vegetables have softened.
- Add the passata, sundried tomato paste and the thyme leaves to the vegetable pan and cook for a further 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti using your julienne peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a spiralizer if you have one).
- Heat another pan with 1 tsp oil, add the courgetti and cook for 2 mins until the courgetti begins to soften.
- Drain the lentils and stir through the vegetable bolognese sauce. To serve: place the courgetti on a plate and spoon the lentil bolognese over the middle of the courgetti. Sprinkle over the pine nuts.