Roasted succulent pork loin steak topped with sweet pears, crispy sage leaves and served with a moreish raw slaw made from the wonderful seasonal root kohlrabi, with a mustard vinaigrette and baked tender stem broccoli.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 515 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 40g / C: 30g / F: 29g
- 2 x 150g pork loin
- 1 pear
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 250g kohlrabi
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (mustard)
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh sage
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Slice the pear in half, remove the core and slice each half into 6 thin wedges. Trim the tenderstem. Remove the thyme and sage leaves from their stalks.
- Season the pork with sea salt and black pepper. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the pork for 2-3 mins each side until golden brown.
- Place the pork on a baking tray, and place the tenderstem and pear slices alongside, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and scatter over half of the thyme leaves. Place in the oven and cook for 10 mins or until the pork is cooked through.
- In a bowl, mix the juice from the lemon with the dijon mustard, 1 tsp olive oil, the remaining thyme leaves and season with sea salt and black pepper. Peel and grate the kohlrabi and place in the bowl, coat in the lemon dressing.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the sage leaves for 3 mins until turning crispy.
- Place the pork on two warm plates and top with the sliced pear and crispy sage. Serve alongside the tenderstem and kohlrabi slaw.