This delicious recipe has been created by chef-author Nina Parker. Nina's second cookbook NINA CAPRI, full of fresh and healthy Italian recipes from the Amalfi Coast, is out on 2 June 2016.
A lighter version of mash with butternut squash, infused with delicate rosemary, and served with roasted salmon, a great source of omega 3's.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 662 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 170g salmon fillet(fish)
- 1 lemon
- 1 leek
- 60g kale
- 300g butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- Handful of basil
- Fresh rosemary
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Roughly chop the kale leaves and thinly slice the leek. Peel and chop the squash into 1cm pieces.
- Finely chop the garlic and rosemary. Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat, add 1 tsp oil and fry the garlic and rosemary for 2 mins until turning golden then set aside.
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the stock cube in 500ml boiling water. Add the squash to a saucepan with the stock and boil for 10 mins. Drain and mash with a potato masher, and stir in the rosemary and garlic, keep warm.
- Season each salmon fillet and make three incisions into the flesh at an angle (be sure not to cut down to the skin). Fill each cut with 1-2 basil leaves.
- Heat the same frying pan on a medium-high heat and add 1/2 tbsp oil. Place the salmon fillet in the pan to crisp the skin for 5 mins.
- Place the salmon on a baking tray lined with parchment, alongside the sliced leek and kale. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp oil over the vegetables, season and place into the oven for 8-10 mins.
- To serve, spoon the squash mash onto a plate, and place a salmon fillet on top. Serve alongside the kale and leeks and squeeze over the lemon juice.