Roasting cauliflower is a delicious way to bring out its flavour, we then stir it into a spicy tikka masala curry sauce and serve it with nutty black rice.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 597 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 200g chickpeas (drained)
- 100g black rice
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste (nuts/mustard)
- 40g creamed coconut
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug of 300ml boiling water.
- Place the black rice in a pan of 500ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 25-30 mins until cooked.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, place in a bowl and mix with 1/2 tbsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 10-15 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion. Roughly chop the tomatoes and the coriander.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a medium-sized pan and add the onion for 5 mins until softened. Then stir in the tikka masala paste for 1 min. Add the roasted cauliflower florets to the pan and stir to coat in the paste.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan along with the chopped tomatoes and creamed coconut. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced. Then stir through half of the coriander leaves. Drain the black rice.
- To serve, place the black rice on a warm plate and spoon over the cauliflower and chickpea masala. Sprinkle over the remaining coriander.