Buckwheat is packed full of fibre which helps to lower cholesterol & keep the gut healthy.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 569 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 16g / C: 79g / F: 25g
- 80g buckwheat
- 150g beetroot
- 200g sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp almond butter (nuts)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Peel and cut the beetroot and sweet potato into 1 cm pieces. Cut the red onion into small wedges. Place the sweet potato, beetroot and onion on a baking tray, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle over the thyme and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 400ml water. Rinse the buckwheat and add to a saucepan with the stock. Simmer for 10 mins, then add the sugar snap peas and cook for another 5 mins, then drain.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and chop into small pieces.
- Stir the onion, beetroot, sweet potato and avocado into the buckwheat, season with black pepper and drizzle over 2/3 of the juice from the lemon.
- To make the dressing; in a bowl, mix the almond butter with the remaining lemon juice.
- Spoon the roasted vegetable buckwheat onto two warm plates and drizzle over the almond dressing.