Succulent organic lamb steak roasted with rosemary and garlic, served on a bed of Italian style cannellini beans with sundried tomatoes. We've also added crunchy kale crisps, rich in calcium to keep bones strong.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 501 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 150g organic lamb steak
- 240g cannellini beans (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 40g sundried tomatoes
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- Fresh rosemary
- 60g kale
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely slice the onion. Finely chop the rosemary, removing the stalks. Slice the tomatoes in half. Roughly chop the kale, removing the tough stalks. Roughly chop the sundried tomatoes.
- Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Season the lamb steaks with sea salt and black pepper. Add to the pan and fry for 2-3 mins on each side to brown. Remove from the pan and place on a baking tray, sprinkle over half of the rosemary and 1 tsp oil on each steak and place in the oven for 10-15 mins until cooked. Leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the garlic and the remaining rosemary for 1 min, then add the onion for a further 7 mins until softened and turning golden.
- Then add the cannellini beans, sundried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and cherry tomatoes with 2 tbsp water and simmer for 5-10 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- While the lamb is resting, place the kale on a baking tray, mixed with 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for 5 mins until crispy.
- Thinly slice the lamb steak. To serve, spoon the Italian beans onto a warm plate, sprinkle over the kale crisps, and place the sliced lamb steak on top.