We've paired a succulent seared steak with a medley of spring vegetables including sweet baby carrots, crisp sugar snap peas and bright red radishes.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 573 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 170g organic beef steak
- 1 yellow pepper
- 100g baby carrots
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 80g radishes
- 80g kale
- 50g sundried tomatoes
- 30g hazelnuts (nuts)
- Handful of basil
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Trim the baby carrots and slice in half lengthways. Cut the yellow pepper into large pieces. Slice the radishes in half. Roughly chop the kale, hazelnuts and sundried tomatoes.
- Place the carrots on a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tsp oil, place in the oven for 10 mins. Then add the yellow pepper and radishes to the baking tray with 1 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt, and place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest.
- Boil a kettle. Place the kale and sugar snap peas in a saucepan and cover with boiling water, simmer for 4 mins. The drain.
- To make the basil sauce; finely chop the basil. Mix together the mustard, juice from the lemon and 2 tsp oil with the chopped basil.
- Thinly slice the steak. To serve, place the kale and sugar snap peas on a plate, top with the roasted carrots, pepper and radishes, and scatter over the sundried tomatoes. Place the steak slices on top and drizzle over the basil sauce and scatter over the hazelnuts.