Serves 4 | Type: Breakfast
This tasty egg dish in a flavoursome fiery tomato sauce is something you have to try. Low in carbs but high in healthy fats and protein this breakfast won’t leave you feeling hungry for more.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Add turkey if you want to increase the amount of protein to the dish
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a large pan. Fry off the onions for 3 minutes, then add chopped garlic and fry for further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped pepper and cook for further 5 minutes until softened. Then add the chopped tomatoes and spices. Simmer for a further 5-7 minutes until mixture reduces. Season to taste.
- Create 4 wells for the eggs and crack directly into the mixture.
- Cover the pan and allow to cook for a further 10-15 minutes.