Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 528 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 50g / C: 59g / F: 12g
- 2 x 180g free range chicken breast
- 400g sweet potato
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 1 red pepper
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 1 lime
- 1 chicken stock cube (celery)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger, and crush or finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the red pepper.
- Peel the sweet potato. Prepare the sweet potato noodles using a peeler and slice into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 500ml water, pour into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, add the chicken breasts and reduce the heat to a simmer. Ensure the chicken is covered with water (add more boiling water if needed), place a lid on the pan and gently simmer for 10-15 mins until cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a wok (or frying pan) add 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the sweet potato noodles, cook for 8-10 mins until softened. Remove and keep warm.
- With two forks shred the poached chicken into small pieces.
- In the same wok (or frying pan), heat 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic, ginger and curry powder, stir for 1 min. Then add the red pepper and sugar snap peas, cook for 4 mins. Then add the tamari, chicken, half of the lime juice and the sweet potato noodles. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve the Singapore sweet potato noodles on two warm plates and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.