We've teamed smoked haddock with a creamy coconut quinoa packed with freshly shelled garden peas which have just come into season.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 603 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 160g smoked haddock
- 2 eggs
- 80g quinoa
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube(celery)
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 lemon
- 100g garden peas
- 60g spinach
- Handful of parsley
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and boil a kettle.
- Rinse the quinoa. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 100ml boiling water. Finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Add the vegetable stock to a saucepan with the quinoa and the coconut milk. Simmer for 15-20 mins until the liquid has been absorbed, then stir in the mustard, peas and spinach and cook for a further 2 mins. Then mix in half of the parsley.
- Meanwhile, place the smoked haddock in a foil parcel with half of the juice from the lemon. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 15 mins until cooked.
- Heat a shallow pan of water to hot but not bubbling. Create a gentle whirlpool in the pan with a spoon then break an egg into the middle, one at a time. Cook for 4 mins. Remove from the pan.
- To serve, spoon the coconut, spinach and pea quinoa onto a plate. Place the smoked haddock fillet on top, followed by the poached egg. Scatter over the remaining chopped parsley. Enjoy!