Our tasty take on the classic nicoise with lightly pan-fried smoked mackerel, full of omega-3 to keep the heart healthy and lower cholesterol.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 543 | Type: Gluten-Free| Macros P: 31g / C: 40g / F: 30g
- 2 x 80g smoked mackerel (fish) (ready to eat)
- 80g quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 100g green beans
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 40g black pitted olives
- 20g capers
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (mustard)
- Fresh dill
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Trim the green beans and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, slice the black olives in half and finely chop the dill. To make the lemon dressing; in a bowl mix together the juice from the lemon, the mustard and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Fill a saucepan with boiling water, place the egg into the water and simmer for 8 mins. Once the eggs are cooked run under cold water for 1 min and peel, then cut into quarters.
- Boil another kettle, and fill the same saucepan with boiling water, add the green beans and simmer for 4 mins until tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the mackerel on each side for 2 mins to heat through.
- Drain the quinoa and mix with the olives, capers, cherry tomatoes, cooked green beans, dill and half of the lemon dressing.
- To serve, spoon the vegetable quinoa onto two warm plates and top with the smoked mackerel. Arrange the egg quarters around the mackerel and spoon over the remaining lemon dressing.