Flaked Cornish smoked mackerel, sweet roasted beetroot & green beans with a fresh horseradish dressing, packed with potassium to help lower blood pressure.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 611 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 31g / C: 57g / F: 32g
- 2 x 100g smoked mackerel
- 300g beetroot
- 80g buckwheat
- 100g green beans
- 1 lemon
- 4cm horseradish
- 40g rocket
- Fresh chives
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Peel and slice the beetroot into 0.5cm thick slices and cut each slice into quarters. Trim the green beans and slice in half. Place on a baking tray with a drizzle of 1 tsp oil in the oven for 15 mins. After 5 mins of cooking time, add the green beans to the same baking tray with 1 tsp of oil and place the baking tray back into the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt, simmer for 15 mins until cooked, then drain.
- To make the horseradish dressing; peel the horseradish and grate into a bowl (add as much horseradish as desired). Add 1/2 tbsp oil and half of the juice from the lemon. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Finely chop the chives. Flake apart the mackerel into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked buckwheat, roasted beetroot, green beans and rocket. Stir through the horseradish dressing.
- To serve, place the buckwheat on two plates and top with the flaked smoked mackerel. Sprinkle over the chopped chives and drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.