We’ve used protein-packed quinoa in our healthy version of the classic Spanish paella and topped it with roasted fennel, a great source of dietary fibre.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 476 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 22g / C: 61g / F: 20g
- 80g quinoa
- 200g edamame beans (drained) (soya)
- 1 fennel head
- 120g green beans
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon
- Handful of parsley
- 50g pitted black olives
- 140g cherry tomatoes
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Trim the green beans and thinly slice the fennel head, removing the ends.
- Place the fennel slices on a baking sheet, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil, half of the juice from the lemon and a pinch of sea salt and place in the oven for 10 mins. Then add the green beans to the baking tray alongside the fennel, drizzle with 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the vegetable stock in 400ml boiling water. Rinse the quinoa and add to a medium-sized pan with the stock, cover with a lid, and leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes and black olives in half. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Drain and rinse the edamame beans.
- Once the quinoa has simmered for 10 mins, stir in the smoked paprika followed by the edamame beans, tomatoes and black olives and cook for a further 5 mins; add more water if needed. Then stir through the remaining lemon juice and half of the parsley.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa paella into two warm bowls, top with the lemon roasted fennel and green beans, and scatter over the remaining parsley.