Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 586 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 21g / C: 80g / F: 26g
- 240g chickpeas
- 200g butternut squash
- 100g beetroot
- 100g kale
- 1/2 lemon
- 30g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 80g quinoa
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Boil a kettle. In a jug, dissolve the creamed coconut in 300ml boiling water.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash and beetroot into 1cm pieces, place on a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tbsp oil, the thyme and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 20 mins.
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with the creamed coconut and garam masala. Simmer for 15-20 mins, until the liquid has been absorbed, then turn off the heat. Season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the kale, removing the tough stalks, and drain the chickpeas.
- Place the kale and the chickpeas separately on a baking sheet, season with sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle over 1 tsp oil, evenly coating the kale and chickpeas and place into the oven for 10 mins. Check after 5 mins and shake the baking sheet to prevent catching.
- To assemble, stir the roasted squash and beetroot into the quinoa. Serve on two warm plates and sprinkle over the roasted chickpeas. Drizzle over the juice from the lemon and serve alongside the kale crisps.