Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 609 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 150g lamb steak
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 red onion
- 200g sweet potato
- 80g kale
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 50g creamed coconut
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 1 broccoli
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely slice the onion. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1cm cubes and roughly chop the kale. Cut the lamb into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan. Add the garlic, onion and sweet potato and sauté for 5 mins.
- Then add the garam masala and the lamb to the vegetable pan and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally until the meat has browned.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Dissolve the creamed coconut in 50ml boiling water and in a separate jug dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 100ml boiling water. Add the creamed coconut, vegetable stock and kale to the pan with the lamb and vegetables and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced. Season with sea salt & black pepper.
- To make the broccoli rice, grate the broccoli into a rice consistency.
- In a separate pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil and add the grated broccoli and 50ml water and stir continuously for 3-4 mins until the broccoli is tender. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve: Place the broccoli rice onto a warm plate and spoon over the spiced lamb & sweet potato curry.