Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 585 | Type: Gluten-Free
170g pork loin
½ red pepper ½ baby gem lettuce ½ red onion 1 tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic
½ tsp chilli powder 1 tbsp tamari sauce (soya)
20g creamed coconut
½ lime 1 sweet potato
- Boil a kettle. Preheat oven to 200C. Slice the sweet potato into thin fries. Place into a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 mins until they have softened.
- Combine the creamed coconut with 2 tbsps of boiling water in a bowl and stir well to create a creamy consistency. Zest/juice the lime into the dressing, season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Crush the garlic. Cut the pork into thin strips, toss in a bowl with the cumin, chilli powder, black pepper, garlic, pinch of sea salt & tamari sauce.
- Remove the sweet potato fries from the boiling water, toss on a baking tray with some oil, salt and pepper and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Slice the red onion & red pepper into thin strips.
Cook the pork for 3 minutes over a medium heat in 1 tbsp oil before adding the onion and pepper strips. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Cut the stalk off the baby gem, to be left with open leaves.
- Assemble the wraps: Add a spoonful of the pork and pepper mix into each leaf. Drizzle the coconut and lime dressing all over, serve with the sweet potato fries.