Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 536 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
120g black beans (drained)
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 red pepper
60g cherry tomatoes
Handful of coriander
- Boil a kettle.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic. Roughly chop the cherry tomatoes, dice the red pepper and roughly chop the coriander.
- Heat a dry saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 mins, stirring constantly. Pour in 200ml boiling water, reduce the heat and cover for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain the black beans. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil and fry the garlic, oregano, chilli flakes and black beans for 3 mins, then mash the beans with the back of a spoon. Once mashed, season and remove the mixture from the pan and leave to cool in a bowl for 5 mins.
- Form the black bean mix into two burgers. In the same frying pan heat 1 tsp oil and fry the burgers for 3-4 mins each side.
- De-stone and peel the avocado and cut into small pieces. Mix the millet with the tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, juice from the lime and half of the coriander and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, spoon the millet salad on a plate and top with the black bean burgers. Scatter over the remaining coriander.