These flavour-packed spinach and chickpea falafels are really easy to make and are served with a zingy kale, avocado and pomegranate salad and drizzled with apple cider vinegar, which can help detox the body.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 533 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 19g / C: 56g / F: 33g
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 100g spinach
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (sulphites)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 20g walnuts (nuts)
- 80g kale
- 15g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- 1 tsp harissa paste
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in bowl, mash for 1-2 mins with a potato masher or the back of a fork until all chickpeas are crushed.
- Place the spinach in a separate bowl. Pour boiling water to cover the spinach and leave to wilt for 1 min. Place the spinach in a sieve and drain out the excess water. Then finely chop.
- Add the spinach to the bowl of chickpeas. Add the chickpea flour, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tbsp water, season generously and mix well. Form the chickpea mixture into 12 balls and place in the oven on a baking tray for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, to make the kale salad; finely slice the kale (removing any tough stalks), cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds, peel and de-stone the avocado, cut into small pieces and roughly chop the walnuts. Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl, then mix in the apple cider vinegar and 1/2 tbsp oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a jug, dissolve the creamed coconut with 30ml boiling water and mix with the harissa paste.
- Serve the falafels on two plates and drizzle over the coconut harissa sauce. Serve alongside the zingy kale salad.