Roasted red peppers stuffed with quinoa, black beans & spring onion, drizzled with a chilli lime dressing and toasted paprika sunflower seeds, for a boost of Vitamin E.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 559 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 25g / C: 59g / F: 20g
- 240g black beans (drained)
- 80g quinoa
- 2 red peppers
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- 40g baby kale
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Dissolve the stock cube in 300ml boiling water.
- Rinse the quinoa, place in a saucepan with the stock and simmer for 15 mins. After 10 mins of cooking, drain the black beans and add to the quinoa for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice the red peppers in half and remove the seeds. Thinly slice the spring onions and dice the tomatoes.
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain the mix and place in a bowl. Stir in the spring onions, tomatoes, two thirds of the paprika and season with a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Stuff the red peppers with the quinoa & bean mix. Place these on a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil, place in the oven for 10 mins until the pepper softens.
- In a dry frying pan on a medium heat, toast the sunflower seeds for 3 mins, then sprinkle over the remaining smoked paprika and remove from the pan.
- To make the chilli lime drizzle; mix the juice from the lime with the chilli paste and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve the red peppers alongside the baby kale and drizzle over the chilli lime sauce. Sprinkle over the paprika sunflower seeds.