Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 578 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 180g chicken breast
- 1 avocado
- 2 egg
- 300g butternut squash
- 100g cavolo nero
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 sprigs of basil
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone. Peel and chop the butternut squash into 1cm cubes and thinly slice the cavolo nero. Finely chop the basil. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of the centre of the avocado half to make space for the egg. Crack the egg into a bowl and slowly pour into the centre of the avocado. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and place on a baking tray in the oven for 15-20 mins until the egg is cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Place the squash in a pan of boiling water and season with sea salt. Boil for 7 mins, then add the cavolo nero and boil for 3 mins.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil and add the chicken strips for 8-10 mins, turning frequently, until cooked through. Season and stir in the sundried tomato paste for 1 min, coating all the chicken pieces.
- Drain the squash and cavolo nero and mash gently together with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Mix in the chopped basil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve: Place the squash and cavolo nero mash on a plate, top with the sundried tomato chicken and place the avocado egg on top.