Our sweet mango salsa, with chilli and lime juice, is an excellent source of Vitamin C, a great, refreshing addition to this summery recipe.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 510 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 20g / C: 71g / F: 14g
- 240g black beans (drained)
- 80g buckwheat
- 200g sweet potato
- 1 mango
- 2 spring onions
- 60g sugar snap peas
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (sesame)
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes and place on a baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Drain the black beans. Rinse the buckwheat and add to a pan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 10 mins, then add the black beans and cook for a further 5 mins, adding more boiling water if needed, then drain.
- Meanwhile, to make the mango salsa; finely chop the red chilli (removing the seeds for less heat). Peel and chop the mango into small cubes, removing the stone. Place the mango in a bowl with half of the chopped chilli and half of the juice from the lime. Mix carefully so as not to break up the mango.
- Trim the sugar snap peas and slice in half lengthways. Finely slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Place the buckwheat and beans in a separate bowl, and mix in the roasted sweet potato, sugar snap peas, spring onion and remaining chilli. Then stir in the coriander, remaining lime juice and sesame oil. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon the buckwheat, beans and sweet potato mix on two warm plates and top with the mango salsa.