This delicious veggie sushi is made from protein-packed quinoa and loaded with health-boosting avocado and carrot. Served alongside a radish & cucumber noodle salad, drizzled with an umami miso dressing.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 430 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 15g / C: 59g / F: 18g
- 120g quinoa
- 2 x nori sheets (seaweed)
- 1 avocado
- 100g carrot
- 2 baby cucumbers
- 80g radishes
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds (sesame)
- 2 tbsp sweet white miso (soya)
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 1/2 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the carrot. Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly. Cut one cucumber into thin batons.
- Drain the quinoa and stir through half of the sweet miso paste and half of the black sesame seeds. Spoon the quinoa onto a plate to cool for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the salad; in a bowl, mix the miso paste with the lime juice and the remaining sesame seeds. Using a peeler, slice the remaining cucumber into thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiraliser). Finely slice the radishes. Add the radishes and cucumber to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Place a nori sheet on a clean chopping board, shiny side down. Spread half of the quinoa in a thin layer to the edges of the nori, leaving a 2cm gap at the top of the nori sheet.
- Place half of the avocado, cucumber batons & carrot across the middle of the quinoa widthways. Roll up the sushi from the bottom up, ensuring the vegetables are tightly packed in. Slice the sushi roll into 8 pieces. Repeat with the remaining nori and quinoa, avocado, cucumber and carrot.
- Put the sushi rolls on a plate alongside the cucumber & radish miso salad. Place the tamari in a bowl or small dish for dipping the sushi in.